Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rome Braves & Sweetdreams

Well today, I finally got caught back up on my rest and slept till 1:30pm. I know, terrible of me isn't it. But, it is so hard to wake up with the comfort of your sheets wrapped around you like a cocoon. I finally got up and spent some time with my grandmother, and returned home to shower. I went to the Rome Braves game...alone. Everyone was busy, but I didn't mind the peaceful drive up there by myself. I never even got to my seat, but spent time with season ticket holders sharing baseball stories and gossip. I love talking about baseball and being at the field was just like old times. It is so great to go back and be greeted by season ticket holders, ushers, and the fans. It means a lot to me that they remember who I am, and like me enough to approach me. I love to hear how their lives are going, as well as share stories about my own. The Braves ended up and won which is always a good thing! I stayed after with my friends and talked to the players, most of whom I didn't know, but they knew me as "Tommy's Girlfriend", which doesn't bother me at all. They all had great things to say about him and thats always something that puts a smile on my face. I stayed a little bit longer and headed on back home, exhausted from the heat. I immediately did my nightly ritual of talking to Tommy on Skype for some time, and read the Bible together which is a great ending to each and every one of my days. It is also a time that brings us together even more and I love it. We said our goodnights and he of course being tired from getting his fifth save drifted off to sleep. Me however, I can hardly ever sleep, but I am hoping the sand man will come soon and I will drift off to sleep. I told Tommy I would meet him in my dreams...I guess better go...I'm sure he is waiting on me :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi i am very excited to here stories from a great christian women! I wondered what is going through your head during all of this! Blog me back!

    ReplyDelete

My life is quiet crazy! I am juggling many things at one time! I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and all the craziness that goes along with my life. Please drop a comment :)